Skip to main content

Not so good times

Arsenal
                It has been a horrendous week for Arsenal. A defeat and a draw in our last couple of Premier League games means we are down to 4th in the table, albeit just 2 points off the top. Momentum has been hit hard. Our best players have picked up injuries and we are down to our bare bones in terms of a fit squad. There is something seriously wrong with our players/training/medical staff or fortunes and whatever else you may want to include. What is being done to rectify this is anybody’s guess. I guess hope is the only option left with us fans. Meanwhile we wholeheartedly support the XI that takes the pitch. A couple of players are expected back. Let us see how the situation pans out. In the next fixture, we are at home to Sunderland, perennial relegation candidates. If we are to keep up with the likes of City and United, we have got to win these games.(Also hope that they lose their respective games) Then we go to keep our Champions League last 16 hopes alive to Olympiakos, a place we have never won, let alone needing a 2 goal win or better. I just hope no one gets injured.

Italian, French
                Ah, italiano. I have finished learning the Duolingo course on Italian. I am at a level where I understand what is being spoken. I might also be able to loosely speak Italian. Basically I know enough to survive. But I am not content with this. Let us learn a little more. BBC course turned out to be not so interesting. Babbel is a paid service and other android apps don’t even suffice my need. I am thinking of buying the book, Teach Yourself Italian by Lydia Vellaccio. But the reviews I read aren’t convincing enough. I will probably end up buying this, due to lack of alternatives.
                I have started learning French as the second foreign language. To say that French is difficult would be a huge understatement. Pronouncing French words is a challenge in itself. I still can’t get a hang of the words and stuff. I guess I need more practice. Let us keep at it.
Keyboard
                I finished the previous song which I found quite tough. The next song takes length to the next level. Two pages full of notes crammed into tiny spaces with complex hand movements for chords and notes has me now at a loss. 3 full days of practice and I couldn’t get even a quarter of the song correct. More practice required there as well.

Tamasha
                I went to see the Ranbir-Deepika starrer last Saturday. It turned out to be a good movie, with a different concept for a change. Imtiaz Ali got most parts of the story right. The crux of the movie was to show how the world has a problem accepting uniqueness and originality. The fear of ridicule from the society trumps our deepest desires and makes us rethink our path and even change it. I might not be making perfect sense here, and I will try to explain it in a later post. The movie was a one-time watch, music was not so good, but you can go to a movie theatre to watch this.

Laziness
                Laziness is the most powerful demotivator ever. It is one of the main factors which stop you from becoming who you really want to be. Laziness often leads to irresponsibility. I mean to say, that if you can’t take up simple tasks, I wonder how you are going to tackle much more responsibilities on your tender shoulders. It is not like you can’t learn to grow into these said responsibilities and train yourself to become a better person.  It is a general lack of willingness to grow into responsibility that infuriates me.


               To conclude, let us become better human beings. Think of our actions (in some cases, inactions) and the consequences not only on ourselves, but also on others. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie review: English Vinglish

I might be 6 years late, but here is my review of this Bollywood movie, starring Sridevi. Directed by Gauri Shinde, this film tackles some This film is freakin' awesome! I can't believe I hadn't watched this movie before. And if you haven't watched it, I suggest you clear out your calendar for tomorrow and grab some popcorn. This is mostly a serious movie, but the lighter moments are well placed, and make great viewing. The plot, the dialogues, the screenplay, everything is perfect. This movie is worth paying big bucks to watch on the big screen, unlike me, who watched it 6 years late on a 14 inch touchscreen. Sridevi is absolutely mesmerizing. Her acting in this movie is one of the best acting performances I have ever seen. When you watch her, her struggles become yours. You feel her happiness and sadness. You want her to do well. You want her to show the world, how much she can accomplish. Anything more I say here will be spoilers for the few people w

Going home, Pune trip and more

                Hola! Long time since I wrote anything, and here I am writing two posts. With so much happening, I have barely had time to breathe, least of all write a blog. Even today I just found time, because I am in a train, bound towards Kalyan, taking me away from Hyderabad for a deserved break from the mundane.                 I had to make an extremely difficult choice, one that I did not want to nor that agrees with my nature. But facing the truth is better than being under a delusion, only to be disappointed at the end. I cannot give keyboard exam this time. L (Sobbing inside) I am just too underprepared, and frankly, I have heavier things on my plate. The teacher thought 3 months would be enough, even I felt so. But it wasn’t meant to be. The exam comes too early for me, and I, despite wanting to, cannot practice and perfect the syllabus on time to pass the exam. Accepting this is really painful for me, especially when I don’t like giving up. What other choice do I h

New year resolutions

Belated happy new year! It is the time of the year where people set goals and targets for the year. Most fall short by the first or second month. Even I do. But my last year's resolutions were actually so good, I accomplished what I set out for: learn 2 foreign languages, Italian and French. At a basic level, but yeah, enough to survive. And some other goals too, which I did achieve satisfactorily. So what next? I have some resolutions this year too! Let me share some: Get better at piano This is compulsory. No two ways about this. For the past few months, I have become a little distant from the piano. But not anymore. I already started learning a song, one that is usually on my lips! The joy I derive from playing the piano, even if for little time, is very immense. And I already feel better. There is something magical about learning music, and at any cost, I do not want to disconnect from it. Do I have a plan? Umm… no. I have a new piano on my mind, but that depen