Skip to main content

Dance

Have you ever danced so much that you had absolutely no energy left? Like, cannot move yourself to the nearest water tap? Cannot walk to the nearby seat? And, after dancing so much, did you ever feel like you wanted to dance more? How rewarding was it? It feels amazing, I know.

First things first, I cannot dance. I do the ganpati dance, that too occasionally. I mean I can't do real dance. Real dance steps. I guess I never really learned dancing. Never in school, nor in college, definitely not in the company. I have not picked up a dance form, and tried to learn it. But yeah, I want to learn though. If I can get more hours in my day, I would definitely spend a few of them learning to dance.

What captivates me in a dance? The fluidity of the dancers. There is nothing more mind blowing about a dancer than his/her fluidity of body movement. Not all possess it, and noticing it is also quite tough. I do know some great dancers among my friends, who are extremely fluid in their movement, and a few, who aren't. Then come the facial expressions. A simple dancer who seems to be enjoying what she/he is doing is infinitely more fun to watch than some dancer who is performing the most complex and demanding of steps, yet doesn’t seem to enjoy it. The dancers' eyes convey this vital piece of information. So, whenever you watch a dance, try to watch their movements, their expressions, their eyes. Some dancers put so much effort into little details, and you would be wasting their preparation if you did not take note of these details.


I want to learn this majestic art form. I want to learn it from someone, who is a fluid dancer. Not to dance in front of an audience, but just for myself. Just to express happiness occasionally through music and dance. And to stay in shape, obviously. And for fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie review: English Vinglish

I might be 6 years late, but here is my review of this Bollywood movie, starring Sridevi. Directed by Gauri Shinde, this film tackles some This film is freakin' awesome! I can't believe I hadn't watched this movie before. And if you haven't watched it, I suggest you clear out your calendar for tomorrow and grab some popcorn. This is mostly a serious movie, but the lighter moments are well placed, and make great viewing. The plot, the dialogues, the screenplay, everything is perfect. This movie is worth paying big bucks to watch on the big screen, unlike me, who watched it 6 years late on a 14 inch touchscreen. Sridevi is absolutely mesmerizing. Her acting in this movie is one of the best acting performances I have ever seen. When you watch her, her struggles become yours. You feel her happiness and sadness. You want her to do well. You want her to show the world, how much she can accomplish. Anything more I say here will be spoilers for the few people w

Going home, Pune trip and more

                Hola! Long time since I wrote anything, and here I am writing two posts. With so much happening, I have barely had time to breathe, least of all write a blog. Even today I just found time, because I am in a train, bound towards Kalyan, taking me away from Hyderabad for a deserved break from the mundane.                 I had to make an extremely difficult choice, one that I did not want to nor that agrees with my nature. But facing the truth is better than being under a delusion, only to be disappointed at the end. I cannot give keyboard exam this time. L (Sobbing inside) I am just too underprepared, and frankly, I have heavier things on my plate. The teacher thought 3 months would be enough, even I felt so. But it wasn’t meant to be. The exam comes too early for me, and I, despite wanting to, cannot practice and perfect the syllabus on time to pass the exam. Accepting this is really painful for me, especially when I don’t like giving up. What other choice do I h

New year resolutions

Belated happy new year! It is the time of the year where people set goals and targets for the year. Most fall short by the first or second month. Even I do. But my last year's resolutions were actually so good, I accomplished what I set out for: learn 2 foreign languages, Italian and French. At a basic level, but yeah, enough to survive. And some other goals too, which I did achieve satisfactorily. So what next? I have some resolutions this year too! Let me share some: Get better at piano This is compulsory. No two ways about this. For the past few months, I have become a little distant from the piano. But not anymore. I already started learning a song, one that is usually on my lips! The joy I derive from playing the piano, even if for little time, is very immense. And I already feel better. There is something magical about learning music, and at any cost, I do not want to disconnect from it. Do I have a plan? Umm… no. I have a new piano on my mind, but that depen