Skip to main content

A thing of beauty

                                                      A thing of beauty is a joy forever.



Hi, here I go again. I am in an absolutely wonderful mood today. I am filled with joy. And I will attempt to share my joy with you (and cheer you up if your day isn’t going as planned, or make you happier if you already are!).

                The above is a picture of my rose plant. It has been around 8 months since I got her. Every day I wake up to this beauty. What a great sight to begin your day with! If this does not change your mood, I don’t know what will. (I am actually facing difficulty putting this feeling to words.J) I water her every day, and that’s it. She rewards me with this spectacle every morning. I suggest every plant lover to keep plants at their house. See the change in the air instantly. She gives 8 or 9 flowers at a time! What do I do with them? Sadly nothing much. How I wish I could do more! Give a flower to a woman and just watch her get incredibly happy. I have done this, and believe me this is one of the best things to do. You just have to look in their eyes to see how happy they become. How badly do I want to do this!

                Today I came to know that a friend of mine has started writing a novel. Can you just believe that? I am just amazed. Writing a blog is so thought-provoking, and there she is writing a novel. And that too not a one off. She has the whole series in her head! I asked her, since when does she have the story in her mind. She replies, for two or three years. Can you just imagine, having a story, perfecting it for years, finally putting pen to paper, struggling with words at some point, then finishing it to share the wonder that has been created with the whole world? You are the magician, my lady. People like you, who write stories, poetry, and blogs, are the magicians. I asked her to send me a snapshot of her first chapter, though I highly doubt she will. I want to read whenever she completes it. Wherever I will be or she will be, I hope she shares the marvels she created with me. Bestseller charts or not, the effort should be appreciated. This actually rekindled some of my teenage dreams; let us just leave it at that.

                For the past month or so, Hyderabad has pleasantly surprised us. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous! Especially on the weekends. Last year there was not much rain; I thought Hyderabad is just like this: hot and dry (Like Nagpur for 9 months of the year). Well this time it is different. The weather has been so beautiful; I just want to go out every day! Go out and enjoy the drizzles and the cool wind and the occasional lightning and thunder. For all those lucky enough to have a significant other, I implore you: take her outside, not to some fancy restaurant, but somewhere you both can enjoy nature. I am sure she will appreciate it. A park, garden or just a long walk is probably enough. I just hope this weather stays on for a long time to come.

                Ok, I can’t write anymore. The rest will come on some fine day, I guess. Till then, be happy. Find yourself a thing of beauty, since it is indeed a joy forever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie review: English Vinglish

I might be 6 years late, but here is my review of this Bollywood movie, starring Sridevi. Directed by Gauri Shinde, this film tackles some This film is freakin' awesome! I can't believe I hadn't watched this movie before. And if you haven't watched it, I suggest you clear out your calendar for tomorrow and grab some popcorn. This is mostly a serious movie, but the lighter moments are well placed, and make great viewing. The plot, the dialogues, the screenplay, everything is perfect. This movie is worth paying big bucks to watch on the big screen, unlike me, who watched it 6 years late on a 14 inch touchscreen. Sridevi is absolutely mesmerizing. Her acting in this movie is one of the best acting performances I have ever seen. When you watch her, her struggles become yours. You feel her happiness and sadness. You want her to do well. You want her to show the world, how much she can accomplish. Anything more I say here will be spoilers for the few people w

Going home, Pune trip and more

                Hola! Long time since I wrote anything, and here I am writing two posts. With so much happening, I have barely had time to breathe, least of all write a blog. Even today I just found time, because I am in a train, bound towards Kalyan, taking me away from Hyderabad for a deserved break from the mundane.                 I had to make an extremely difficult choice, one that I did not want to nor that agrees with my nature. But facing the truth is better than being under a delusion, only to be disappointed at the end. I cannot give keyboard exam this time. L (Sobbing inside) I am just too underprepared, and frankly, I have heavier things on my plate. The teacher thought 3 months would be enough, even I felt so. But it wasn’t meant to be. The exam comes too early for me, and I, despite wanting to, cannot practice and perfect the syllabus on time to pass the exam. Accepting this is really painful for me, especially when I don’t like giving up. What other choice do I h

New year resolutions

Belated happy new year! It is the time of the year where people set goals and targets for the year. Most fall short by the first or second month. Even I do. But my last year's resolutions were actually so good, I accomplished what I set out for: learn 2 foreign languages, Italian and French. At a basic level, but yeah, enough to survive. And some other goals too, which I did achieve satisfactorily. So what next? I have some resolutions this year too! Let me share some: Get better at piano This is compulsory. No two ways about this. For the past few months, I have become a little distant from the piano. But not anymore. I already started learning a song, one that is usually on my lips! The joy I derive from playing the piano, even if for little time, is very immense. And I already feel better. There is something magical about learning music, and at any cost, I do not want to disconnect from it. Do I have a plan? Umm… no. I have a new piano on my mind, but that depen