Skip to main content

the one with the new year


A very happy new year to all. It is a brand new year but the same old times. This New Year party was quite good. Our college group had come to Hyderabad to celebrate the occasion and there was some fun in it. Most of them are the same people they were in college. The ones that had changed were quite interesting. Overall it was fun to see people enjoying themselves. Now we are back to our mundane lives. (I don’t really feel mundane during the weekdays, but on weekends I feel so. Strange, I know)

Keyboard, Italian and French
                Surprisingly I have not made any progress in keyboard. I’m learning the song “Yellow” by Coldplay. How simple is that song! Yet so difficult to play. I am stuck on that for 3 weeks now. Some timing issues are recurring. There are half notes in it, so some difficulty was expected. But hey, 3 weeks? It has become too much. Italian is going well though. I am finding the book “Complete Italian” by Lydia Vellaccio quite nice. Learning through it is very enjoyable. French is also going well. Duolingo rocks. Actually I am surprised at myself for the discipline I have been able to maintain. Man, I wasn’t like this before. I guess I have changed. Nevertheless, it’s a hobby that never lets me down.

New Year resolutions
                I haven’t kept any of my New Year resolutions previously. I just had a thought: why not give it another go? So these are my two resolutions:
1.       Be more observant: Not going to elaborate.
2.       Write more: Maybe more Quora answers on topics I know. More blog posts.

More time
                Somehow I feel 24 hours isn’t enough. Where does my time go is a mystery. Why do I need more time? As I mentioned earlier, I want to do more stuff. Read more, write more and observe more. Do more while I still have time. And also watch TV series. I can’t remember when was the last I enjoyed a series. Currently I have Homeland season 5, True Detective season 2 and the Sherlock episode in my queue, but no time. How do solve this problem?

Bindi and a nose ring
                This might be a weird observation, but I am going to post it anyway. Some women look beautiful; there are no two ways about it. Sometimes they look beautiful effortlessly. One woman wore a bindi, and instantly became a hundred times more beautiful. Does this (you see someone, they become much more beautiful just by doing something small) happen to everyone or am I the only weird guy? Stunning would be more appropriate. It was a simple dot on her forehead. But the effect it had, boy oh boy. Molto belle. Similarly with a nose ring. I will definitely run out of adjectives if I carry on at this rate, but she looked astonishing. She also had a swagger about her which added to her very obvious beauty. As people say, a thing of beauty is a joy forever. So spread the joy, people.

Department outing
                Tomorrow there is an outing organized by the department at my office. It’s going to be at a resort with a pool in it. Some “fun” games have been arranged it seems. It is definitely out of the mundane, I hope we all enjoy it.

So that is it. Read more, write more, see more and listen more. You may find something unexpected and much needed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie review: English Vinglish

I might be 6 years late, but here is my review of this Bollywood movie, starring Sridevi. Directed by Gauri Shinde, this film tackles some This film is freakin' awesome! I can't believe I hadn't watched this movie before. And if you haven't watched it, I suggest you clear out your calendar for tomorrow and grab some popcorn. This is mostly a serious movie, but the lighter moments are well placed, and make great viewing. The plot, the dialogues, the screenplay, everything is perfect. This movie is worth paying big bucks to watch on the big screen, unlike me, who watched it 6 years late on a 14 inch touchscreen. Sridevi is absolutely mesmerizing. Her acting in this movie is one of the best acting performances I have ever seen. When you watch her, her struggles become yours. You feel her happiness and sadness. You want her to do well. You want her to show the world, how much she can accomplish. Anything more I say here will be spoilers for the few people w

Going home, Pune trip and more

                Hola! Long time since I wrote anything, and here I am writing two posts. With so much happening, I have barely had time to breathe, least of all write a blog. Even today I just found time, because I am in a train, bound towards Kalyan, taking me away from Hyderabad for a deserved break from the mundane.                 I had to make an extremely difficult choice, one that I did not want to nor that agrees with my nature. But facing the truth is better than being under a delusion, only to be disappointed at the end. I cannot give keyboard exam this time. L (Sobbing inside) I am just too underprepared, and frankly, I have heavier things on my plate. The teacher thought 3 months would be enough, even I felt so. But it wasn’t meant to be. The exam comes too early for me, and I, despite wanting to, cannot practice and perfect the syllabus on time to pass the exam. Accepting this is really painful for me, especially when I don’t like giving up. What other choice do I h

New year resolutions

Belated happy new year! It is the time of the year where people set goals and targets for the year. Most fall short by the first or second month. Even I do. But my last year's resolutions were actually so good, I accomplished what I set out for: learn 2 foreign languages, Italian and French. At a basic level, but yeah, enough to survive. And some other goals too, which I did achieve satisfactorily. So what next? I have some resolutions this year too! Let me share some: Get better at piano This is compulsory. No two ways about this. For the past few months, I have become a little distant from the piano. But not anymore. I already started learning a song, one that is usually on my lips! The joy I derive from playing the piano, even if for little time, is very immense. And I already feel better. There is something magical about learning music, and at any cost, I do not want to disconnect from it. Do I have a plan? Umm… no. I have a new piano on my mind, but that depen